Payday is here and with it came mediocre Thai food. I really had to force my ass to run the beach today (not before taking my daughter for a walk around the block, of course). There's nothing I'd like more than a nap after a butt-load of food but that's just not an option with my wedding looming only 3 months away and a trumpet dress to fit into. I had to use a glass of wine as motivation. A very large glass.
Anyhoo, after running and baking (or burning as it were) the cookies for a potluck at work tomorrow I'm left with just enough energy to post a recipe for you.
This is the most KICK ASS Green Bean Casserole EVER. My Mother and Grandmother formulated it, sculpted it, and perfected it. Your Mama's green bean casserole doesn't come close, don't even try. This is perfection, so it's wordy, with instructions and shit. So without further adieus I present:
- 2 boxes Birdseye French Cut (it MUST be French Cut!) frozen green beans or 1 large bag. AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF USING CANNED. Thaw them out, rinse them, strain well and use paper towels to soak up the extra water.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese (to taste)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (rinsed). Give them a rough chop.
- 1/4 cup Oscar Mayer Bacon bits
- 1/2 can (left over from Cream of Mush.) milk
- Large can French Fried Onions. Crumble half, set other half aside for topping.
- No need salt. Pepper to taste.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl (except for the onion topping).
- Dump that goodness into a 9x13" pan and sprinkle the top with the rest of the french fried onions.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350F for a 1/2 hour.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes. Use oven mitts to get that tasty beast out to cool before shoving it in your face.
PLEASE NOTE: I'm not trying to place products, substitute where you want. I'm just using specifics so you get the same results.