I love cabbage but I've never tried brussels sprouts. I've seen them recently in the grocery stores and decided to ignore the movies with kids that cringe at them and try these cabbagesque morsels for myself. My sister told me about a recipe her friend uses and I decided to tweak it out and came up with something I could eat everyday. Bacon makes everything yummy. Brussels sprouts are no exception.
Brown Butter Bacon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, halved
- 2 tb butter
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Good pinch of shaved parmesan + more for garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice + more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a saute pan with lid (lid set aside for now) fry bacon till crispy
- Remove bacon, crumble, set aside
- Pour out 1/2 the fat and lay brussels sprouts flat-side down. Give it minute or 2 then add the garlic. Put the lid on the pan and cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until tender and browned on the side facing down
- Take lid off, add butter and when butter turns a golden color add lemon and parmesan, toss with the brussels sprouts in the pan
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon to taste and garnish with more shaved parm
OOOO. Bacon. Butter. Cheese. These sprouts are so healthy and low in calories you don't have to worry about a heart attack. Don't take my word for it.