So I'm home on Kaua'i for the Holidays and I have found my (Great)Grandmother's tin of recipes. Back in the 1960's my Grandma decided to type/write out all her mother's and her own recipes. I am determined to make them all, including the ones with prunes.
|See that piece missing in the back? We ate it before we could take a photo. It's that good.|
Easy Vintage Box Mix Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, water, eggs, and cottage cheese.
- Bake as directed (mine took 35 minutes in a greased 9x13" pan)
- In a small bowl mix together sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
- As soon as the cake comes out, use a fork to poke some holes in the cake and drizzle the orange juice over the cake.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the top of the cake.
- Cover with foil and let set for about a minute.