So we got some awesome presents for Christmas this year! Nana got us a Yonanas machine and our friends Josh and Kat gave us some homemade pineapple infused vodka. And while we were prepping some pineapples and bananas for some frozen goodness, sipping our pineapple vodka cocktails, a brilliant idea hit us- pineapple sorbet cocktail!
After cutting up and freezing our pineapple and bananas we busted out the pineapple vodka and prepped our Yonanas machine. We took the fruit out of the freezer and when it thawed enough we ran it through the machine. The full fruit sorbet came out creamy and perfect. When we topped some with the pineapple vodka, boomski! Delicious, refreshing and easy. My favorite part about the Yonanas machine? It's easy to clean, unlike our juicer. I foresee many tasty frozen treats in my future.
- 1 liter Vodka
- 1 whole pineapple, skinned, quartered and sliced
- In a large CLEAN glass container place the pineapple
- Pour the vodka over the pineapple, making sure it covers the pineapple completely
- -Make sure to cap it tightly and let it stand for about 7-10 days out of sunlight
- When it's ready (or you are) strain the vodka and bottle
- Keep infused vodka in the fridge
Pineapple Sorbet Cocktail
- Skinned, cored, thin sliced pineapple, semi frozen
- Banana (optional), halved and semi frozen
- Pineapple Vodka
- In a Yonanas machine (or use food processor) process 1/2 a banana and a few pieces of pineapple into a bowl.
- Transfer frozen puree into a glass and top with the Pineapple vodka.
- Pop a straw in and grab a spoon. Enjoy immensely.