Let me tell you about my day, the weather, what I dreamed about last night...
Just kidding! Here's some food.
I love purple. I love to look at it. I love to wear it. I also love to eat it. An okinawan sweet potato is the perfect way to get your purple craving satiated.
I wanted to try my hand at kulolo originally but couldn't find any kalo in the supermarkets so I thought sweet potato would be the next best thing. I was not wrong. Best part? It doesn't take 4 hours to cook.
I can see myself making several versions of this pudding because one is not enough. I am gripped by the flavor! This version has a more cake-like texture than kulolo.
Okinawan Sweet Potato And Banana Pudding
- 2 cups grated okinawan sweet potato. Food processor works great.
- 2 medium (ripe) bananas, mashed
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beat everything together in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 9x13" baking dish or loaf pan (will take longer to cook)
- Bake covered for the first 20 minutes and unovered for another 20 minutes or until the top is golden and the middle doesn't wobble