So day 2 of grain free eating and guess what? So far, so good. I want to eat my desk right now but I shall resist...
Morning meal consisted of String cheese, almonds, and iced tea.
Afternoon meal was greek yogurt and a bowl of li hing mui pineapple.
I will have to plan my meals better next time because I'm feeling pretty famished. After hitting the snooze button twice this morning I was in a hurry and grabbed what I could before running out the door.
Erm. So lemme post a little recipe for you to hold your attention. I did this a while back for a party. It's a peanut butter thumbprint cookie with a coconut chocolate ganache. The cookie is similar this recipe I posted earlier.
Peanut Butter Thumbrint Cookies With a Coconut Chocolate Ganache
Ingredients for cookie
- 1 cup peanut butter (not natural- it will spread out)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
Directions for the cookie
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all the ingredients for the cookies together in a large bowl
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and put a rounded spoonful of batter spaced an inch or 2 appart
- Make a well in the middle by using your thumb or a teaspoon
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden and cooked through
- Heat the coconut cream in a microwave safe bowl for a couple minutes till VERY hot
- Add the chocolate chips to hot coconut milk. Mix until creamy and incorporated
- Spoon the ganache into the well in the baked cookies
- Let cool for a 1/2 hour and serve
And there you have it. I got a lot of compliments on these and I'm sure you will too.
Now I want to eat my computer. Attention gone, pictures later.