Tart and sweet
Shove your face in this
This recipe was made up on the fly. The crust comes out like a mix between a crust and a cake. I used pre-sliced frozen peaches so it was not hard to whip this up in a jiff.
More content. Bla bla bli bloo bloo.
But seriously, how much should you write? How much is necessary to satisfy the minds of the hungry? I feel like everything I write between the Title, the pictures, and the recipe is just filler. An update on my life here, a little about the food there, but really sometimes it's best to just keep it short and sweet.
Grain Free Peach Tart Recipe
Ingredients for crust
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs maple syrup
Ingredients for peach filling
- 4 cups frozen, sliced peaches (thawed)
- 2 tbs strawberry jam
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the crust in a mixing bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients to well and mix in. When everything is incorporated need till soft.
- In a greased 9" spring form cake pan place dough in the center and, using your hands, evenly flatten to the edges and slightly up. (An extra step I'd recommend taking would be to take a slightly beaten egg white and brush it all over the crust)
- Toss together everything for the peach filling.
- Arrange peach slices in the pie crust. Pour whatever liquid is left in the bottom of the bowl over the top of the pie.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 min or until crust is golden brown. Let cool for a 30 minutes (or overnight in the fridge)
And there you have it. I'm still learning how to cook grain free food stuffs so any suggestions are welcome.