I had a very disappointing day yesterday. I got so excited about making a meringue cake yesterday that I started writing the post before it was finished baking. It looked great when I put it in but, lo and behold, it came out a raging mess. Then I burnt the custard that went along with it. I was just not in the game. I had to deal with all the dishes and none of the satisfaction.
Of course I was still looking to satisfy a sweet tooth today (like every other day). So after much deliberation I thought cake- no, brownie- no, cookie- I want it all! Dense, moist and flavorful, this "cake" resembles more of a blondie. Siah likes his goodies a lil' gooey and chewy so this won him over.
I was trying to follow my own instructions to avoid collapsing the cake but alas, with a 2 year old running around the kitchen, keeping your baked goods from collapsing is even harder than keeping fistfuls of them out of tiny hands. It might be more than that too. The ingredients make for a dense baked goody. Maybe breaking down and using eggs will help add some fluff. I think I will try to use some stiff peaked egg whites next time around and leave out the baking soda. If anyone out there tries that before I do please let me know how it goes.
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips (or more depending on how chocolaty you'd like it)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix the water, coconut milk, and xanthan gum together. Pour into mixing bowl
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix well
- Dump into a greased springform cake pan (I think mine was a 13")
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until top is browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean
- Turn off heat and let rest in the oven with the door ajar till room temp
One slice will improve your mood, 2 will make you feel warm and full, and 3 slices will cause a kanakattack. Don't use with caution.