Back to cooking again, albeit very simple stuff. Still tired. Still healing. This has been one of the longest months of my life. So right now we all need a spoonful of sugar.
Originally I was going to make my Mom's cinnamon buns but then my box of almond paste kept staring at me from the kitchen counter. So I modified the recipe a bit to make something a bit different, sticky honey cinnamon buns with marzipan. They were gone in an hour. Siah said I had to make them for the next family dinner gathering which means they are good.
Anyone can make these. The honey can make things a bit messy but it's not hard to clean up. You definitely need to make sure that the crescent rolls are cold to make them easier to work with. There was a bit of cinnamon honey mix leftover which is no big deal because it nice to have around to smother things in.
Marzipan Sticky Buns Recipe
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 2 tbs almond paste
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a cupcake pan with 8 liners
- Mix honey, cinnamon, and vanilla together
- Roll out almond paste like a thin pie crust. Cut into 8 pieces (like a pie)
- Unroll and separate crescent rolls. Slather tops with honey mixture. Place a slice of almond paste in the middle of each one. Roll up and place in cupcake liner.
- Spread leftover honey mixture over the top. Bake in the oven 10-15 minutes or until golden brown