When I was young I didn't know how certain dishes could be labeled as salads when they nearly lacked vegetables. As I got older I learned to say screw convention! If it's tossed with some sort of dressing it's a salad, damnit.
Are you sold yet?
Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked, cubed, and cooled
- 3 carrots, finely grated
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 box rainbow rotini pasta
- 3/4 cup jack cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- After cooking and draining the pasta (I like mine al dente), rinse and drain again with cold water. Ice water will help speed the process
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. When everything is equally distributed add the pasta and mix in
- Transfer the pasta salad to the refrigerator. Serve chilled