Yes, I've been taking shortcuts. Those are canned biscuits. Again. And they're delicious. So did I sacrifice integrity for modern convenience? Hells-to-the-no (maybe a little, yes). Move forward, you can't stop this biscuit train, baby!
This pastry is tasty and so easy. It's perfect if you're trying to whip something up in a jiffy. The biscuits are soft and sweet with a cinnamon sugar crust. The tartness of the plums balance the sweetness. After the plums bake they become jammy and awesome. And look at the color! I had to stop my daughter from trying to eat them all, that punk.
Plum Biscuit Recipe
- 1 can Pilsburry Grands Biscuits
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar- about 1 cup granulated sugar mixed with cinnamon to taste
- 4 plums, halved and pitted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Put your cinnamon sugar in a large mixing bowl. Coat the biscuits with the cinnamon sugar. Use the leftover sugar mixture to coat the plums if they need a little extra sweetness
- Using a knife or meat scissors (scissors work great!), careful not to cut through the pastry, cut a deep cross in the middle of each biscuit. Use your fingers to make enough room to put in a plum half. Place half a plum in the center of each biscuit
- After the biscuits have been evenly spaced on the cookie sheet bake in the oven for 13-17 min or until golden brown