Making the asparagus is no big deal. You toss it together and throw it in the oven, as long as it doesn't burn you're good to go. The cheese sauce on the other hand...phew.
I suggest reading The Rules of Melting Cheese before you throw a cheese sauce together. I'll post my messed up recipe because it's still really tasty. I had my heat on too high so the fat seperated from protein and I ended up with hard curds but I just strained those out to make the sauce look prettier which, to me, was NBD. If you mess up but it still tastes good, roll with it. I don't know how many times I screwed up a cake and it ended up looking like a heaping pile of something out of a Halloween horror movie but people actually put it in their mouths and went back for more because it's all about the flavor, baby. I wish I had a picture of my Christmas cake a couple years back, where I tried making a marshmallow fondant that started melting...Good times.
Salami Asparagus Recipe
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- A dash of garlic powder
- 10 pieces salami
- Preheat oven to 375F
- After washing and trimming put the asparagus in a lidded baking pan. Sprinkle with garlic powder and roll around to coat pieces evenly. Evenly spread them in the bottom of the pan
- Chop the salami into small pieces. Lay them evenly over the top of the asparagus
- Cover the baking pan with the lid and put the pan in the oven until the asparagus is tender (about 15 min)
Havarti Lemon Butter Recipe
- 1/2 cup soft Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbs butter
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- In a sauce pan bring the chicken stock to a simmer. Add the butter and the cheese after the butter has melted. Stir in the lemon juice.
- When it looks good and saucy take off heat and strain the curds. Set aside to use for asparagus or other dishes