I have the incredible luck of working with women who not only know how to cook but are willing to share their recipes. With the cold-front that's moved in we've been enjoying (a little) winter weather. This, coupled with the impending holidays, has created a heavenly outpouring of detailed accounts of foods that warm the body and soul.
And what better way is there to warm oneself while filling your belly than with a soupy delight? A couple friends from work, Mauna and Page, have shared their recipes for a yummy bacon corn chowder. It's creamy, tasty, and oh-so-easy. I have combined both of their recipes and added a couple spices of my own. Mauna has told me this chowder pairs well with some cheesy biscuits or a tuna melt. Yum!
Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 can creamed sweet corn
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 onion, diced and halved
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 7 slices of bacon, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 box chicken stock
- 1/2-1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- In a large pot fry the bacon adding half the diced onion halfway through cooking time. When the bacon is crisped drain some of the fat.
- Add all other ingredients, except creamed corn. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. When the potatoes are tender stir in creamed corn. Done