It would seem as though I'm on a tentative schedule when it comes to blogging. So I won't say I'm back. I'll just say hello. And what better way to renew one's welcome than with something sweet?
This "cake" is chewy and full of coconutty goodness. I'd liken it to a less dense mochi so it's a great substitute if you are going grain free. The flavor reminds me of butter mochi sans butter. I made it, they ate it. It was gone within an hour. I guess we all had a sweet tooth.
I've posted my original recipe however if you'd like to cut down on the sugar you can substitute C&H sugar/stevia mix.
Coconut Tapioca Cake Recipe
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Shredded sweetened coconut (to line the pan)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Add in the wet ingredients and mix till smooth.
- Pour the batter into a spring form cake pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle an even layer of shredded coconut over the bottom of the pan
- Bake for 40 minutes or until middle is set and the outside is golden brown. Let cool and flip coconut shred-side up before slicing