This brings me back to my hanabata days. One bite and I'm reminded of when my mom used to let me and my sister help her make mini pizzas from English muffins and ketchup sauce (tangent here-is it ketchup or catsup, people? Can we please come to a unanimous decision? From here on I shall use them interchangeably just to highlight the dilemma I feel when there is more than one spelling for the same word). As long as you're the one cutting the potatoes and taking the pan out of the oven, this is a kid friendly recipe.
Potato Pizza Recipe
- 3 russet potatoes
- Toppings (your choice)
- Vegetable oil (about 1 tsp)
- Celery salt and paprika to season
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Thinly slice the potatoes. Drizzle the potato slices with oil and season them with celery salt and paprika. Toss to coat
- Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet, skin side down. Squirt a little ketchup over each one and evenly spread it over the potato. Lay/sprinkle the cheese over the top. Add your toppings
- Bake in the oven till the cheese is melted and the potato is cooked through (about 15-20 minutes)
If this recipe tickles your fancy you should check out my Easy Breakfast Pizza and Easy Cheese Bubble and Squeak recipes. Cheers!